Monday, March 16, 2009

NETWORKING; ART OR SCIENCE?

www.freshmeet2009.com

During the past few months I have been involved in organizing and planning a networking event titled FRESH MEET, Young Talent You Can Sink Your Teeth Into! and I have gained a tremendous amount of insight into event planning, group dynamics and leadership. As the event draws nearer I am starting to get excited about the networking portion of the event. I am very excited to meet industry professionals that can provide some insight into career opportunities, describe what marketing is like within their business sector, and also give some advice on entrepreneurship.

I am starting to build my own little business network and I am finding out that it is a lot easier than I thought it would be. The biggest challenge is actually having the courage to follow-up and ask for help. What I am quickly discovering however is that many people want to help and are actually enthusiastic about providing you with more information or referring you to someone else who can give you more information. By hearing about a person's experiences and obtaining advice from industry professionals we, as students, can gain a tremendous amount of knowledge that can not be gained in any classroom. On April 2, 2009 I am ready to learn more and meet new people.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the whole making your own little business network. I am trying to do the same thing. It does take a lot of work though to keep it up to date but man is it ever worth it.

    Can you believe that we are planning the best networking event ever!

    ReplyDelete