Tuesday, March 10, 2009

STANDING OUT FROM THE CLUTTER

CREATIVE SOLUTIONS

It is hard to believe that I will be done college in just over a month! My mind aches with the amount of work that needs to be done before then. Lately I have been writing a number of e-newsletters for the School of Business that have had the focus on differentiating your self. Of course there are some conservative ways (such as the ones mentioned in my last blog) but there are also some really creative ways too. I was forwarded this blog posting on 51 Creative Business Cards That Will Make You Look Twice, and really started thinking about the creative ways that my resume and business cards could appeal to potential employers. I think the most important thing to remember is that the creative solution for the resume or business card has to align with ones brand or company. It is also very important to consider the position and company to which you are applying, you really don't want to be cheesey! Over the next few weeks I am going to work on developing a creative business card and resume....I will keep you all posted.

1 comment:

  1. I was just working on what seems to be a never ending battle of making the best business card that reflex myself and I came across this blog:

    http://www.mpdailyfix.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/7712

    I thought it was pretty interesting and thought you would be interested to read it too.

    Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete